How to stay with your family in Thailand for a year

You may be aware that you can obtain a Non-Immigrant O Visa to visit family members or stay with loved ones residing in Thailand. It's obtainable before travel, not only through Thai Immigration but also at Thai consulates abroad. This visa allows for a 90-day stay, extendable to a year within Thailand. Let's explore this option further.

Thai Kru is Rated 4.8 stars with 69 Google Reviews

Benefits of a Non-Immigrant O Visa for Family Visits:

Imagine this: a stress-free journey to Thailand with a visa already in hand. With a Non-Immigrant O visa, you can enjoy a stay of 90 days from the get-go. Additionally, this visa can be applied for online, eliminating the need to visit the consulate and endure long queues. As a result, you'll experience peace of mind knowing that you already possess a valid visa.

Who can apply for this visa?

The Non-Immigrant O Visa for family visits is typically available to individuals who have family members residing in Thailand and wish to visit them for an extended period. 

  • Spouses of Thai nationals.
  • Children of Thai nationals.
  • Parents or guardians of Thai nationals.
  • Individuals with family members holding a Non-Immigrant O visa, Non-Immigrant OA (Retiree) , Non-Immigrant B visa

How to Apply for a Non-Immigrant O Visa:

Applying for a Non-Immigrant O visa is straightforward, especially when you do it from the comfort of your home country. Gather your required documents, fill out the application form, and submit it to the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate nearest to you. Don't forget to provide proof of your familial relationship with your Thai family or family residing in Thailand.

Worry not, Thai Kru is your trusted assistant every step of the way. From the very beginning, we offer comprehensive support, including expert advice, preparation of supporting documents, and submission visa online on your behalf. Have questions? Simply reach out to us via email, phone, or text, and our dedicated support team will be there to assist you promptly.

What documents you need:

To apply for a Non-Immigrant O Visa for family visits, you'll require the following documents:

  • Normal identification documents: This includes your passport, your proof of residency in your country and  your passport photo.
  • Financial evidence: You must demonstrate financial stability by providing evidence of funds not less than 40,000 THB or a current balance of 400,000 THB. Acceptable documents include bank statements or proof of earnings.
  • Personal details of your family in Thailand: You'll need copies of their identification documents, such as their Thai ID card, passport, and the visa page or stay permit in Thailand.
  • Proof of relationship to your family in Thailand: Provide documentation establishing your relationship, such as a copy of your marriage certificate, birth certificate, or certificate of adoption.

Extending Your Stay in Thailand:

So, you've spent an incredible 90 days in Thailand with your loved ones. But what if you want to stay longer? Good news! You can extend your visa for up to a year. Simply visit any Thai immigration office in person with your family member who can vouch for your relationship. It's that easy! 

Thai Kru can assist you in person by making appointments for you in advance, ensuring you don't have to wait in long queues. We will also help you prepare the necessary documents to meet your requirements. Trust us, when you become our client, we will make your experience in Thailand truly fantastic! Our other clients know it's well worth it!

Can you visit family on a tourist visa?

Of course, you can. If you prefer to apply for a tourist visa, you can. You will get 60 days, but it might be a bit of a hassle as you will need to go to the immigration office if you want to extend it for 30 more days

Can you apply for this visa to visit your sisters/brothers in Thailand?

No, the family visa is only eligible for immediate family members such as spouses, children, or parents. However, if you have a sister in Thailand, they can write a letter guaranteeing your stay with them and you can apply for a tourist visa instead. This option might be easier since you have someone in Thailand to support you.

With the Non-Immigrant O visa, visiting your family in Thailand has never been more convenient. Enjoy the flexibility of a 90-day stay and the option to extend for up to a year, all while creating lasting memories with your loved ones. Let Thai Kru be your trusted partner in making it happen. 

Safe travels!

Download Free Thailand Guides

#5380092 · 58 views ·