Visa options in Thailand for a year or less?

Here's how to stay a year or less in Thailand if you are under 50 and don't want to start a business, get a job, or even retire.

Thai Kru is Rated 4.8 stars with 69 Google Reviews

Want to stay in Thailand for more than three months and up to a year?

Options are not that great if you don't want to retire and don't want to get a job, go to school, retire or start a business in Thailand. So what to do?

90 days

The best way to do this is still to get a 60 day Tourist Visa from outside of Thailand and then apply for a 30 day extension in Thailand. After this time, you can make a quick flight to Vietnam, Bali, Cambodia, Malaysia or Indonesia and get another tourist visa. Rinse and repeat up to 5 times per year. Get this Visa.

3 Months + Extension

The "O" visa is good if you want to visit your wife or other Thai family here. This lasts for 3 months and you can potentiall request an extension for 3 more months at a time. And if you are want to stay a longer time, you can apply for a one year extension for Volunteer, Marriage, Education or Retirement. Get this visa.

3 to 9 Months

Finally, for stays between 3 and 9 months, the STV visa is still the best bet. You do have to prepay where you are staying for at least 3 months though. And you cannot transfer to another visa. But its a great way to explore Thailand and figure out if you want to stay here long term. Get this visa.

Need help getting these Visas?

If you just want a clean and easy experience to get any of these visas, contact us. We will make sure your paperwork is flawless and handle the application for you. Just mail us at: 

Quick note.. we will also do your Thailand Pass for free!

Need help with Thailand?


Get help with Retirement, Nomad Life, Vacations, Travel Planning and so much more!

Rated 4.8 stars with 69 Google Reviews
#3989410 · 5 views ·